Still reading? Great! Although not fixed, here’s a taster of what your week could look like?
- Visiting client’s sites in order to carry out scheduled planned maintenance visits and servicing.
- Working on a variety of commercial plant including boilers, burners, water heaters and other mechanical plant/pipework including oil and LPG units.
- Building on existing and creating new relationships with clients on site.
- Carrying out reactive maintenance visits where you will need to fault find, diagnose, isolate and repair.
- Updating, renewing and correcting asset lists to ensure that the contract will run smoothly moving forward.
- Helping to quote for remedial works and other small projects.
- Submitting detailed engineering reports to ensure our office team are able to communicate clearly with the client.
What do we need from you in order to bring you on-board?
Now that we know what you will be doing on a week-to-week basis, it’s time to tell you exactly what qualities you’ll need to demonstrate throughout the application process in order to be successful. We are always after talented and ambitious individuals however for this role, you’ll also need to demonstrate the following qualities:
Committed to the client– All FORTH® engineers have a strong work ethic and care about our clients as much as we do. Due to the nature of certain sites, we are sometimes required to stay on a job until it is completed.
Experienced & Expert – We are after someone who has been there, done that and got the T-shirt. This role is for someone that has the faith and confidence in their own ability to carry out a breakdown and repair job without having to call for help.
Problem Solver – As much as we’d love to say things run smoothly 100% of the time, unfortunately sometimes things do go wrong. We’re not looking for passengers. We need someone who can stay
level headed, solve an issue efficiently and be accountable to the client and the team.
Aligned with our values – We live by our values and anybody in our team needs to live them with us. Here we value:
- Going above and beyond
- Honesty & Selflessness
Like the sound of our organisation but not sure if this role fits like a glove? We are always on the lookout for strong candidates so send through an application anyway – we may have something for you soon!
If you want to apply for the role, please send your CV to our Talent Resource Manager, Ed Alderslade (firstname.lastname@example.org) or reach out to him directly on 07508 169664.
We look forward to receiving your application!