We know from experience that Contract Manager can mean different levels of experience, seniority and day-to-day responsibilities. Here at Forth®, a Contracts Manager is one of the most important roles in the business.
The primary role of a Forth® Contract Manager is to be the conduit between our team and the client to ensure that all of the client needs are met and managed in-line with our high standards.
This means that you are not responsible for just maintenance contracts or project works. You’re not solely responsible for just bringing in new work orders or just delivering them. You are responsible for ensuring that ANY problem a client has, no matter how big or small, is resolved.
Still reading? Great! Although not fixed, here’s a taster of what your week could look like?
- Working closely with a select number of clients in collaboration with an Account Manager to maintain an excellent relationship with the Client.
- Attend monthly client meetings to provide necessary updates whilst supporting them with longer term planning.
- Being a strong presence on site whilst proactively identifying sales opportunities and ways to add value for the client.
- Communicating with clients to understand their needs and explain the value of the services we offer.
- Advising the client on the steps they need to take to ensure compliance and preserve the future of their buildings.
- Produce accurate financial WIP reports weekly for line management.
- Undertake / co-ordinate Principal Contractor duties and responsibilities as required.
- Producing surveys and designs as per the client’s requirements.
- Ensuring strict Health and Safety policies are always adhered to on-site.
- Meet and exceed project delivery targets and requirements.
- Liaising with the team in our Maintenance Division to ensure the smooth running of our maintenance contracts.
- Liaising with the team in our Projects Division to ensure that project work is completed to the client’s and the business’ expectations.
- Working with the Account Manager to produce tenders and quotes for new works.
- Support the maintenance of current records for each client, including the completion of Client Information, Expectations forms and Account Development Plans.
- Analyse the finances of the contracts to report on contract profitability, forecast potential profitability and provide client insight to aid with contract budgeting.
Client & Account Management – We need someone who knows how to handle big clients with high expectations. Someone who can expand on current relationships as well as building new ones. An individual that is more than happy to go the extra mile to ensure a client is delighted.
Commercial/Financial Acumen – You need to understand that whilst the client staying happy is our number one focus, when all is said and done, we are a business. You will understand costs within our sector and know what a good deal looks like. You’ll be great with numbers and be able to show this through the art of spreadsheet and reports.
Experienced & Expert – We are after someone who has been there, done that and got the T-shirt. Maybe you’ve been doing this previously, but your company wouldn’t listen to your ideas or didn’t make you feel appreciated. We need someone who is strong technically, especially in commercial heating and can act as a trusted advisor to our clients on what’s best for their buildings.
Problem Solver – As much as we’d love to say things run smoothly 100% of the time, unfortunately sometimes things do go wrong. We’re not looking for passengers. We need someone who can stay level headed, solve an issue efficiently and be accountable to the client and the team.
Organisation – This is going to be a very busy role so we need someone who is going to be able to keep on top of their work and be able to prioritise effectively.
Aligned with our values – We live by our values and anybody in our team needs to live them with us. Here we value: Going above and beyond, Communication, Discipline, Curiosity, Adaptable, Courage, Passion, Honesty & Selflessness
Sounds like you? Apply by sending your CV and a covering email to email@example.com