Still reading? Great! Although not fixed, here’s a taster of what your week could look like?
- Shadowing Senior Commercial Gas Engineers to see how the commercial side of the gas industry works.
- Being a second pair of hands to a Commercially qualified engineer on small installations and remedial works.
- Carrying out domestic servicing, including Landlord Gas Safety Certificates
- Being responsible for domestic breakdowns, fault findings and repairs
- Completing planned maintenance on domestic gas appliances including but not limited to: boilers, hobs, cookers and gas fire heaters.
- Carrying out ad-hoc plumbing duties including working on pipework.
- Completing relevant Gas Safe paperwork.
- Ensuring that our strict Health & Safety protocols are adhered to at all times.
- Completing small installations and remedial works.
- Completing remedial sheets, otherwise known as ‘Pink Sheets’ to inform our colleagues and clients of remedial works required.
- Ensuring that FORTH®’s high levels of customer service to our clients are always practised whilst on site.
- Working within our Southern Region, including some work within the M25.
What do we need from you in order to bring you on-board?
Now that we know what you will be doing on a week-to-week basis, it’s time to tell you exactly what qualities you’ll need to demonstrate throughout the application process in order to be successful. We are always after talented individuals however for this role, you’ll also need to demonstrate the following qualities:
Ambitious & Hungry – This role is designed to give someone who is looking to take that next step up to the commercial side of things the chance to better themselves. We will invest in you and your career but we need someone who is just as hungry as us to succeed.
Experienced & Expert – We are after someone who has been there, done that and got the T-shirt. Maybe you’ve been doing this previously, but your company wouldn’t listen to your ideas or didn’t make you feel appreciated.
Problem Solver – As much as we’d love to say things run smoothly 100% of the time, unfortunately sometimes things do go wrong. We’re not looking for passengers. We need someone who can stay level headed, solve an issue efficiently and be accountable to the client and the team.
Aligned with our values – We live by our values and anybody in our team needs to live them with us. Here we value:
- Going above and beyond
- Honesty & Selflessness
Like the sound of our organisation but not sure if this role fits like a glove? We are always on the lookout for strong candidates so send through an application anyway – we may have something for you soon!
If you want to apply for the role, please send your CV to our Talent Resource Manager, Ed Alderslade (firstname.lastname@example.org) or reach out to him directly on 07508 169664.
We look forward to receiving your application!