Still reading? Great! Although not fixed, here’s a taster of what your week could look like?
- Reporting into the Finance Director, you will ensure Margin Targets are met throughout the business by holding others accountable and ensuring that you have the best discounts available throughout our supply chain.
- Managing our supply chain including the management of sub-contractors.
- Carrying out both reactive and planned purchases for tools, PPE, equipment, spare parts, uniform, and other ad-hoc items. These purchase totals will vary from small orders to spending £1,000’s of the companies’ money. We need someone who will treat this money as if it were their own.
- Supporting our Contract Managers and Estimator by obtaining quotes for Project works to be carried out.
- Producing financial reports for the Finance Director and Managing Director.
- Building on and developing new relationships with new and existing Supply Chain Partners.
- Signing off and producing Purchase Orders.
- Working alongside the QHSE Manager to review the quality and Health & Safety practices of our Supply Chain.
- Taking a lead on educating the team about best buying practices and holding them to account on the purchases that they make.
What do we need from you in order to bring you on-board?
Now that we know what you will be doing on a week-to-week basis, it’s time to tell you exactly what qualities you’ll need to demonstrate throughout the application process in order to be successful. We are always after talented and ambitious individuals however for this role, you’ll also need to demonstrate the following qualities:
Commercial/Financial Acumen – We need someone who is used to working with numbers in a financial sense. You will know what a good deal looks like and have accurate estimates in your head as to how much purchases should cost. You will have worked in a Procurement role within our industry before and use this experience to help you make informed, high-quality decisions on a day-to-day basis.
Supplier/Stakeholder Manager – You will be used to dealing with Suppliers and other internal and external Stakeholders via face-to-face communication and over the phone. You will know how to build rapport and build new relationships as well as develop existing ones.
Organisation – This is going to be a very busy role so we need someone who is going to be able to keep on top of their work and be able to prioritise effectively.
Aligned with our values – We live by our values and anybody in our team needs to live them with us. Here we value:
- Going above and beyond
- Honesty & Selflessness
Like the sound of our organisation but not sure if this role fits like a glove? We are always on the lookout for strong candidates so send through an application anyway – we may have something for you soon!
If you want to apply for the role, please send your CV to our Talent Resource Manager, Ed Alderslade (email@example.com) or reach out to him directly on 07508 169664.
We look forward to receiving your application!